African Leadership Centre (ALC) seeks to recruit a competent and dedicated candidate to fill up the Position of Programme Assistant- ALC Fellowship Programmes
Working under the supervision of the Fellowships Coordinator and with guidance from Associate Head of Fellowships and other relevant ALC staff, the Programme Assistant will assist in coordination, administration and logistical tasks within the fellowships department.
The programme assistant will also be expected to participate in research within ALC Research Agenda.
All applicants should note that this is a remote position that can be done from anywhere, with a strong preference for young Africans based on the continent.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support to all areas of the Fellowship Programme preparation and implementation
- Offer logistical and operational to support to all aspects of the Fellowship Programme
- Support maintenance of fellows and alumni database
- Support coordination with alumni on various ALC processes and activities as and when needed
- Participate in a research cluster activities
- Coordinate support from different stakeholders for preparation of papers for participation in conferences and conference attendance
- Undergraduate Degree in Conflict Studies, International Relations, Political Science or a related social Sciences field.
- Knowledge of social science research, peace, security & development
- Experience in performing administrative tasks, work planning and executing financial processes
- Intermediary or advanced IT skills to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Docs, required for creating, editing and presenting information in clear and presentable formats
- Able to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow.
- Fluency in English
- High Numeracy skills
- Strong interest in working on conflict, peace, security, development and leadership in Africa.
- Research experience and advanced writing and reporting skills
- Good proofreading and editing skills
- Willingness to travel when required
- Strong organizational skills and high degree of self-motivation
- Ability to work productively in diverse and multicultural environments
- Ability to handle a large volume of work, also under time constraints.
- Situational sensitivity
- Ability to work under pressure and on strict deadlines
TERMS OF SERVICE:
The Terms of Service for this position is six (6) months performance based renewable contract.
Applications MUST provide full details of educational and professional qualification, work experience, present post and applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address.
Applications should be received no later than 10th September 2021.
ALC is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.